NITIE Online Admission Portal is opening on 2nd February, 2015.
NITIE announces Admission for the following Programs through GATE (2014/2015)
Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering (PGDIE), 2015-17
Post Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Management (PGDMM), 2015-17
Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management (PGDPM), 2015-17
Please read the instructions carefully before filling the Form.
1) GATE (2014/2015) qualified students with 60% aggregate marks at graduation in Engineering/Technology in any branch for PGDIE program. For PGDMM & PGDPM students with following engineering disciplines can only apply - Mechanical, Production, Automobile, Chemical, Civil, Textile, Electrical, Electronics & other relevant branches such as Industrial Engineering, Instrumentation & Industrial electronics. However, candidate with Civil Engineering background will not be considered for PGDMM. Reservation and 5% relaxation on 60% aggregate marks are applicable to SC/ST/PD candidates as per Government of India rules for the programs. Only GATE qualifiers get Teaching Assistantship (at present @Rs. 8000/- per month) and contingency expenditure as per rules.
2) Sponsored Candidates:
Few seats in PGDIE, PGDMM and PGDPM are available for Sponsored Candidates. Sponsored Candidates must be from:
a) Reputed Industrial Organization/Academic Institution.
b) Required to have atleast 2 years of full time relevant experience after graduation in Engineering/Technology as on 15th June, 2015.
c) NOT required to give the GATE conducted by IITs. However, they may have to attend a Written Test/Personal Interview to be conducted at the Institute.
d) Sponsored candidates should also fill in the sponsorship form available on the NITIE website and also produce sponsorship certificate in the specified format from their employer. No Teaching Assistantship is granted to sponsored candidates.
3) Candidates who are currently in their final year of Engineering/Technology degree can also apply. They are required to:
a) Complete their examination, viva voce etc. by June, 2015
b) Submit the final year mark-sheet and provisional certificate by September 30, 2015.
c) The final results should indicate qualifying degree with 60% aggregate marks (5% concession in case of SC/ST/PD candidates), else the admission to the program stands withdrawn.
4) Duration of work experience specified, if any, should be after graduation.
5) Reservation for SC/ST/PD and OBC candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy Layer” is as per the Government of India rules.
6) Certificates in support of SC/ST/PD/OBC Non-Creamy Layer, as applicable to be produced at the time of GD/PI with self attested.
7) The Application Fee is Rs.1000 (Rs 500 in case of SC/ST/PD candidates) for applicants from India and SAARC countries.
a) The details of the payment of fees are to be provided to complete the filling up of the application form.
b) The Application fee has to be physically deposited in any of the branches of SBI or ICICI bank through challan payment. Payment can be made online through payment gateway of ICICI. Online option is also available for SBI account holders through ICollect facility.
8) Candidates are requested to bring two sets of Application Form along with all original and photocopies of all certificates/ marksheets/ experience certificates for verification at the time of GD/ PI.
International Students :
a. 15% of the approved intake (in supernumerary quota) will be reserved for international students in the above PG programme offered by NITIE. Entry level qualification shall be at par with that of Indian students as specified above. Admission cut-off will be based on valid GRE Scores. Students from non-English speaking countries should have a valid TOEFL Score. International Students should attend the interview along with Indian students; if not feasible, there is an option for interview through video conferencing.
b. Application fee is USD 50, plus bank charges as applicable for International students.
9) Always mention your GATE Registration Number/ email id in all correspondence while sending your queries.
10) For additional information regarding programs, refer program Brochure (Coming Soon).
Online Admission Begins: February 2, 2015
Online Admission Portal closes on: March 31, 2015; 21:00 Hrs
Group Discussion and Personal Interview: April 27, 28, 29 & 30, 2015 (Tentative)
Course Begins: June, 2015
Contact us at:
Assistant Registrar (Academic)
NITIE, Vihar Lake
Ph: 022 28573371, 28035317, 28035370
Fax: 022 28572066, 022 28573251