Global Online Certification Course on
Artificial Intelligence for Robotics: Applications in Manufacturing and Logistics
launched by NITIE, in collaboration with Prof. Satyandra K. Gupta (Professor University of Southern California)
Schedule: 15th September ’22 – 19th September ’22 | 15 hours duration
Registration Deadline: 12th Sep, 2022
Professor Satyandra K. Gupta,
Smith International Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science,
Director, Center for Advanced Manufacturing and Associate Chair,
Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Department, Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Southern California
Prof. MANOJ K TIWARI
Director, National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
About the Course
Modern manufacturing and logistics systems are supported by increasingly ubiquitous and powerful computing networks. Within these networks, oceans of data are continuously being generated by sensors, machines, systems, smart devices, and people. Together with rising computational capabilities, this Big Data is being analysed faster, more broadly, and more deeply than ever before.
These advances have redefined the value of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies and opened a new age known as Industry 4.0 or the Smart Factory. The aim is to combine commercially available robots and multi-modal sensing with AI to create smart robotic assistants that are well-suited for complex operations in high-mix manufacturing and service applications.
The use of a team of smart robotic assistants can significantly improve human productivity and eliminate the need for human involvement in manufacturing tasks that pose risks to human safety. Problems such as the lack of resources are solved by using artificial intelligence enabled robotics throughout the supply chain, which simultaneously increases quality and the profitability of the processes.
- Introduction and Terminology
- Mathematical Modeling
- Task Planning
- Motion Planning
- Implementation Case Studies
- Lecture recordings will be provided for 1 week.
- Participants will get the opportunity to interact live with Prof. Satyandra K. Gupta.
- Learn key concepts trends through exhaustive cases & recent happenings in the industry.
- Lecture slides and supplementary material after each session.
- 15th Sep ’22 – 19th Sep ’22
- 15 Hours Course || 6 Sessions (2.5 Hours/Session)
- 2 Sessions Per Day - Morning Session (10.00 am to 12.30 pm) Afternoon Session (3.00 pm to 5.30 pm)
- Mode of Instruction - Via Hybrid mode
- Upon completion of the course, all registered participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from NITIE signed by Prof. Satyandra K Gupta, and Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari.
- Lecture Attendance and Course Participation will be the criteria for Course Completion
National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), established in 1963 by the Government of India with the assistance of United Nations Development Project (UNDP) through the International Labour Organization (ILO), is one of the leading institutes for Management education
NITIE, a pioneer in Industrial Management has been positioned 12th amongst management schools in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2021.
NITIE, widely known as the leading Institute in Supply Chain and Operations, holds a purpose in advancing the transformative education and industry inspired research in different domains thus dedicating itself to help Indian businesses to make their presence felt globally
PM Gati Shakti Initiatives
The PM Gati Shakti - National Master Plan was announced last year with an aim to celebrate 75 years of a progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture, and achievements. The objective is to break departmental silos and will lay the foundation for holistic infrastructure development to address the multi-modal and last-mile connectivity issues pertaining to supply chain and demand management.
The Global Online Certification Course on Artificial Intelligence for Robotic: Applications in Manufacturing and Logistics offered by NITIE, Mumbai in association with Prof Satyandra K Gupta is exclusively curated to provide a roadmap for the industry practitioners
About NITIE’s Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Shri Piyush Goyal (Minister of Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs & Food & Public Distribution and Textiles, Government of India) inaugurated the Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at NITIE, Mumbai on 23rd September 2021.
This center will act as a driving force to train and launch top quality programs to disseminate advanced knowledge and promote Digitisation, Analytics, and IoT Application and Decision Support Systems through Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications and Digital Twin and Control towers, to strengthen the monitoring and analysis of complex logistics operations.
It will help the logistics sector become more cost-effective, make the sector more competitive, create new jobs, export more, engage better with the world markets, expand outreach and bring more economic activity to India
About Prof. Satyandra K. Gupta
Professor – University of Southern California
Director, Center for Advanced Manufacturing and Associate Chair, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Department
- Dr. Satyandra K. Gupta holds Smith International Professorship in the Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Department and the Department of Computer Science in the Viterbi School of Engineering at the University of Southern California. He is also the founding director of the Center for Advanced Manufacturing at the University of Southern California.
- Dr. Gupta’s research is focused on developing human-centered automation to increase human productivity, reduce health risks for humans, and enable innovation. He is developing the next generation of robotic solutions that can serve as smart assistants for humans and creating decision support systems that empower humans to make more informed decisions in a timely manner. He is making advances in physics-informed artificial intelligence and machine learning to realize smart robotic assistants and decision support systems that operate in domains characterized by model uncertainty, complex physics, and fast decision-making speeds.
- Profile on website - https://sites.usc.edu/skgupta/
For Individual Registrations
|Category||Fee Category||Registration Fee
(incl. of all)*
|Participants from NITIE||NITIE Student||No charges||Register Here|
|Participants from India||Student||Rs. 1,000/- per participant||Register Here|
|Academician / Faculty||Rs.1,500/- per participant||Register Here|
|NITIE Alumni||Rs. 1,800/- per participant||Register Here|
|Industry Professionals / Others||Rs. 2,500/- per participant||Register Here|
|Foreign Participants||Any||USD 100 per participant (Incl. of all)||Register Here|
*Convenience fees may apply
- What are the class timings?
15th Sep ’22 – 19th Sep ’22 | Two Sessions Per Day - Morning Session (10.00 am to 12.30 pm) Afternoon Session (3.00 pm to 5.30 pm)
- Will the session be recorded and be available after live class?
Yes, lecture recordings will be available for one week after each session. Along with it, we will also be sharing lecture summary and supplementary material to aid the learning.
- What is the last date to register for this course?
The last date to register for the course is 12th Sep, 2022. But, we encourage you to register earlier as we have limited seats available.
- What would be the value of the Certificate? Will it generate enough value in the industry?
The certificate will be signed by Prof.Satyandra K Gupta, and Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari - Director, NITIE Mumbai. They are stalwarts in their respective domain. The certificate is officially issued by NITIE, Mumbai.
- What is the eligibility criteria for the course completion?
It is extremely important that you attend all classes to have a comprehensive understanding of the course. Furthermore, you need to fulfil required attendance and quiz attempt criteria to be eligible for a certificate.
For all queries, please Email to: email@example.com
- Mr. Rambabu || Research Associate|| (+91-9734533296)
- Mr. Abhishek Jaiswal || (+91-8290521014)
Faculty Coordinators from NITIE, Mumbai:
- Dr. Vijaya Kumar Manupati
- Prof. Vivek Khanzode
- Prof. Milind Akarte
- Prof Manoj K Tiwari